Quad Channel Embedded Software Defined Radio Platform with ADRV9026 chip Plus Zynq UltraScale
- 1. Product Introduction The four-channel embedded software radio platform is an embedded, miniaturized, low-power software radio platf……
1. Product Introduction
The four-channel embedded software radio platform is an embedded, miniaturized, low-power software radio platform developed for various wireless communication product development and communication teaching. The platform is composed of two parts, one is a radio frequency signal transceiver module developed based on ADI's ADRV9026 chip, and the other is a back-end digital processing module based on Xilinx's Zynq UltraScale+ chip XCZU15EG-FFVB1156. This platform is a high-performance, highly integrated wireless radio frequency signal transceiver processing equipment, suitable for the development of wireless ad hoc network nodes, wireless communication teaching aids, miniaturized spectrum detection, mini signal generators, wireless point direction finding and positioning development, etc.
The basic performance indicators of the platform are as follows:
- Baseband processor: XCZU15EG-FFVB1156
- RF chip: ADRV9026
- Interface: Ethernet port, serial port, PL/PS I/O port, JTAG port, dual 10GSFP+, TF card, micro DP
- Onboard FLASH, can be configured to start by FLASH or TF card through the DIP switch
- Onboard 4GB DDR4 (PS side)
- Onboard 32GB EMMC memory, coping with high vibration environment
- Size: 200mm×140mm
- The onboard 9528 clock chip reserves two clock outputs and two reference clock inputs, which can be used for inter-board cascaded clock synchronization
- Onboard FMC HPC interface, the interface definition follows the VITA standard protocol, which can be extended to PCIe interface, NVMe SSD interface, multi-channel optical port or used for high-speed data communication between multiple boards.
1.1 XCZU15EG-FFVB1156 chip introduction
The board uses the Zynq UltraScale+ series chip of Xilinx Company, the model is XCZU15EG-FFVB1156. The chip's PS system integrates a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor as an application processing unit and a dual-core ARM Arm Cortex-R5F processor as a real-time processing unit. On-chip integrates AMBA® interconnect, internal memory, external memory interface, and peripherals. These peripherals mainly include a USB bus interface, Ethernet interface, SD/SDIO interface, I2C bus interface, CAN bus interface, UART interface, GPIO, and so on. The PS can run independently and start on power-up or reset.
Basic parameters of baseband processor:
- Application Processing Unit: Quad-core Arm® Cortex®-A53 MPCore™ up to 1.5GHz
- Real-time processing unit: Dual-core Arm Cortex-R5F MPCore™ (up to 600MHz)
- Graphics Processing Unit: Arm Mali™-400 MP2 up to 667MHz
- FPGA logic unit: 747k
- Memory: 57.7Mb
- DSP slices: 3528
1.2 ADRV9026 chip introduction
ADI's 4th Generation Wideband RF Transceiver ADRV9026 Offers Four-Channel Integration with the Lowest Power, Smallest Size Common Platform Solution that Simplifies the Design of 3G/4G/5G Applications Including Multistandard Base Stations, Massive MIMO, and Small Cells And reduce its system power consumption, size, weight, and cost.
Basic parameters of RF front-end
- RF channel: 4 transmissions and 4 receptions, 2 observation and reception ORX channels
- Clock: 9528 clock synchronization chip, reserved two external local oscillator interfaces
- RF working range: 75MHz to 6GHz,
- Bandwidth: maximum receive bandwidth 200MHz, maximum transmit bandwidth 200MHz
- Sampling rate: up to 245.76MSPS